Nominations continue for Chamber Business Excellence Awards
VERNON – There’s still time to recognize your favourite business, the employer who has inspired you, the non-profit that makes a difference and the entrepreneur that’s embraced the challenges created by Covid-19.
Nominations continue until Aug. 23 at 4 p.m. for the Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce’s 2020 Business Excellence Awards presented by Valley First, a division of First West Credit Union.
“We have been overwhelmed by the community participation since nominations opened July 27 and the diversity of the submissions truly reflects this great region that we call home,” said Krystin Kempton, Greater Vernon Chamber president.
“We encourage residents to continue with the nomination process until Aug. 23 and show that we appreciate everything businesses and non-profits contribute to Greater Vernon.”
The online nomination form and descriptions of the categories can be found at https://www.vernonchamber.ca/business-excellence-awards-copy. The individual categories are:
- Small Business of the Year sponsored by Community Futures
- New Business of the Year sponsored by MNP LLP
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by Nixon Wenger Lawyers LLP
- Employer of the Year sponsored by City of Vernon
- Customer Service Excellence Award sponsored by Okanagan Spring Brewery
- Manufacturer of the Year sponsored by Tekmar Control Systems
- Non-Profit Excellence Award sponsored by Community Foundation of North Okanagan
- Community Leader of the Year sponsored by De Vine Vintners
- Business Person of the Year sponsored by Kal Tire
- Innovator of the Year sponsored by TD Bank
Beyond the 10 categories, there is the People’s Choice Award sponsored by Total Restoration Services. It is chosen by a public vote of all nominees in the 10 categories.
There is also Business of the Year, sponsored by Valley First. This category is chosen by a panel of judges from all of the nominees in the 10 categories.
The winners will be announced during a virtual gala Oct. 23.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Dan Proulx, Membership Manager
Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce, E: email@example.com P: 250-545-0771 Top of FormBottom of Form