Greater Vernon Chamber announces Business Excellence winners
VERNON – The best in business and community service were celebrated during the Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce’s Business Excellence Awards Oct. 18.
Before 346 people at the Prestige Vernon Lodge, awards were handed out in 13 categories at the Godfather-themed gala.
“There was considerable excitement as the winner in each category was revealed, and we want to acknowledge all of the hard work, dedication and risk-taking involved to make their business or non-profit a success. We also pay tribute to all of the nominees who contribute so much to our economy and community,” said Krystin Kempton, Greater Vernon Chamber president.
The winners of the 2019 Business Excellence Awards are:
- Business of the Year sponsored by BDC: Tekmar Control Systems
- People’s Choice Award sponsored by Total Restoration Services: Monashee Rail
- Small Business of the Year sponsored by Community Futures: Allegria Homes
- New Business of the Year sponsored by MNP LLP: Monashee Health Collective
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by Nixon Wenger Lawyers: Kristina Klein, Eatology
- Employer of the Year sponsored by Telus: Nor-Val Rentals
- Customer Service Award sponsored by Okanagan Spring Brewery: A&W
- Manufacturer of the Year sponsored by the City of Vernon: Okanagan Spring Brewery
- Non-Profit Excellence Award sponsored by Lake City Casino: Okanagan Science Centre
- Businessperson of the Year sponsored by Kal Tire: Stephanie Tambellini, Tambellini Design Studio
- Community Leader of the Year sponsored by White House Mortgages: Barrita Durward, Cotton’s Chocolates
- Tourism Excellence Award sponsored by Kelowna International Airport: Vernon Winter Carnival
- Innovator of the Year sponsored by Silver Star Mountain Resort: Roost Solar
“We want to thank all of our sponsors, nominees and volunteers for making the awards gala an overwhelming success and certainly one of the premier events to attend in Vernon,” said Dione Chambers, Greater Vernon Chamber general manager.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Dione Chambers, General Manager
Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce, E: email@example.com P: 250-545-0771