Greater Vernon Chamber announces 2020 Business Excellence winners
VERNON – Hard work, leadership and ingenuity were celebrated during the Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce’s Business Excellence Awards gala Oct. 23.
Awards were handed out in 12 categories during the virtual event, with Valley First, a division of First West Credit Union, as the presenting sponsor.
“It was an exciting evening as the winner in each category was announced, and this year was truly a celebration of entrepreneurial spirit, vision and thinking outside of the box as our businesses and non-profit agencies navigate the challenges created by the pandemic,” said Krystin Kempton, Greater Vernon Chamber president.
“We also want to recognize all of the nominees for their determination, passion and contributions to the community.”
The winners of the 2020 Business Excellence Awards are:
- Business of the Year sponsored by Valley First: The Med
- People’s Choice Award sponsored by Total Restoration Services: Turning Points Collaborative Society
- Small Business of the Year sponsored by Community Futures: Anna’s Vitamins Plus
- New Business of the Year sponsored by MNP LLP: Fill – Vernon’s Refill Store
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by Nixon Wenger Lawyers: Alysia Lor-Knill, Teassential
- Businessperson of the Year sponsored by Kal Tire: Tony Dyck, Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery
- Employer of the Year sponsored by City of Vernon: Sproing Creative
- Customer Service Award sponsored by Okanagan Spring Brewery: Sterling Centre Remedy’s RX Pharmacy
- Manufacturer of the Year sponsored by Tekmar Control Systems: UnderGround Kombucha
- Non-Profit Excellence Award sponsored by Community Foundation North Okanagan: Social Planning Council North Okanagan
- Community Leader of the Year sponsored by De Vine Vintners: Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery
- Innovator of the Year sponsored by TD Bank: The Med
The winners will be invited to a private event to receive their awards in person.
With the People’s Choice Award, partial proceeds from online voting will establish a scholarship for a local business student while other proceeds will fund Chamber initiatives to support local business.
The gala included video messages from Ken Holland, general manager of the Edmonton Oilers; and Jillian Harris, founder and creative director of Jillian Harris Design, former Bachelorette and co-host of Love It Or List It Vancouver. There was also a live performance by Andrew Allen and the MC was Betty Selin from Sun FM.
“Thank you to Jillian, Ken, Andrew and Betty for making the gala an evening to remember. Also a big thank you to our sponsors and residents, who submitted nominations, for making the 2020 Business Excellence Awards a tremendous success,” said Dan Proulx, Greater Vernon Chamber general manager.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Dan Proulx, General Manager
Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce, E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 250-545-0771