Allan Brooks Nature Centre
Community OrganizationsArts Culture & EntertainmentEducationEntertainmentOutdoor SportsRetailTourism
Perched atop the grasslands just south of Vernon the Allan Brooks Nature Centre is your place to satisfy your natural curiosity and reconnect with the joys of nature.
Named after one of Canada’s foremost realistic bird painters of the 20th century, the centre demonstrates nature’s intricate connection to life in the Okanagan for visitors of all ages and abilities.
Here you will be rewarded with outstanding views of our region including Okanagan, Kalamalka and Swan Lakes and plenty of opportunity to nurture your own nature.
Experience hands on nature education:
• Ecosystem, flora and fauna facts and displays
• Grasslands trail and pond learning centre
• Children’s nature play area
• Artist in Residence program
• School tours and programs
• Outdoor Grassland Theatre
• Festivals and celebrations
• Shaded picnic table area
• Live bird-of-prey Programs and Demonstrations
• Summer evening openings for special events such as Astronomy Night, Family Fun Nights, August Evening Arts & more!
There's tons to explore and discover indoors and outdoors at Allan Brooks Nature Centre!