OPERATIONS SUPPORT CLERK
Effective Dec 22, 2020 to Dec 31, 2021. Subject to the return of the incumbent
Competition #: 121-COV-20
Closing Date: Internal applicants – November 27, 2020
External applicants – December 4, 2020
Rate of Pay: $30.06 per hour (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Band: 5 – Schedule A (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Reporting to the Manager, Records and PRIME - RCMP this position provides a variety of operational support including records maintenance, statistical data collection, quality assurance and reception services for the RCMP Detachment.
- Reviews ViCLAS (Violent Crimes Linkage Analysis System) Workflow to determine if a ViCLAS report is required. Reviews ViCLAS reports for completeness and accuracy and forwards to the appropriate supervisor for correction or directly to E Division Behavioral Sciences.
- Reviews tickets including Violation Tickets (VT)’s and Notice and Orders for quality assurance, statistical data collection, and submission to Provincial Court Registry.
- Receives calls from the public and provides information and/or creates PRIME (Police Records Information Management Environment) files as appropriate.
- Compiles and maintains statistical data for Detachment Management and prepares and disseminates statistical reports on a regular basis.
- Processes VT Disputes, creates the file, orders certified documents in preparation for the Provincial Traffic Hearings, and updates the disposition upon conclusion.
- Carries out CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) and PRIME, queries in support of Police Information Checks and responds to related enquires from other police agencies.
- Signs out Records files to RCMP employees via electronic file tracking program.
- Reviews notices from Provincial Firearms Officer regarding expired firearms licenses and generates files for investigation.
- Performs front counter reception duties on an ad hoc basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- All persons employed by the City of Vernon will be required to assist the City in providing emergency services. Duties assigned during an emergency may differ from regular duties.
Required Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary certificate in Office Administration, Legal Secretary, or equivalent education
- Minimum six months recent experience in a Police Office support role, including experience in records management
- A combination of related education and experience may be considered
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the operational records keeping systems including PRIME and CPIC
- Knowledge of departmental policy and procedures applicable to the work being carried out
- Knowledge of the operational filing system
- Ability to use Excel at an intermediate level
- Minimum typing speed of 55 wpm
- Ability to use police records management computer applications such as PRIME and CPIC
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexible, and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment, working to deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with team members, police officers, members of the public, and internal and external agencies
- Ability to obtain and maintain an acceptable Police Information Check
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Status