Manager, Leadership & Organizational Development
The Manager, Leadership & Organizational Development is a hands-on role that is responsible for leading the design, development and delivery of organizational-wide programs and initiatives related to performance and career development, leadership development, employee engagement, and change management. The Manager, Leadership and OD collaborates with leadership across the organization, within the OneHR team, and with external partners to ensure programming and initiatives support the development, motivation, and retention of a productive and engaged workforce. In addition, this role provides consultation and guidance in these areas to assist with alignment between people development and business strategy.
- Manages organizational-wide programming and initiatives, focused on: performance development, leadership effectiveness, career development, employee engagement, and change management in support of both individual and organizational capability and capacity development:
o Collaborates with OneHR and Business Stakeholders to build and continuously improve processes and resources;
o Supports and coaches leaders with the development and delivery of workplace interventions that support individual and team performance;
o Contributes to the employee experience through communication and change management planning and activities focused on organizational communication, key leadership behaviours, and development of support resources;
o Defines, measures, and reports on appropriate metrics to understand the effectiveness of programming and initiatives. Provides briefings and presentations to Senior Leadership.
- Partners with the Director, Learning and Organizational Development to:
o Facilitate talent review and succession management processes and reporting to drive insight-based discussion, actions and decisions;
o Support embedding workforce planning practices into organizational talent processes and programs to support business agility and growth;
o Provide input into the organizational Learning and OD strategy to support organizational capability development.
- Consults with Business Stakeholders on company-wide change and continuous improvement initiatives, focused on the employee experience and adoption.
- Role models leadership effectiveness and personal ownership of engagement and development.
- Fosters a culture of development and accountability for all team members that aligns with and supports the Kal Tire AIMS.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, or Adult Education.
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional experience in Human Resources or Organizational Development, with experience in performance development, career management, and employee engagement.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience leading OD initiatives such as leadership development and change management.
- Certification and demonstrated expertise in any of the following: third party leadership development content, change management, psychometric evaluation tools, or coaching methodology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Solid functional experience across all aspects of talent management with experience in building practical talent strategies and processes that are aligned to the current and future needs of the business.
- Expert program management experience including responsibility for needs assessment, design and development, change management, and evaluation of impact in key program areas: performance development, career development, leadership development, and change management.
- Strong Leadership presence, able to gain respect and trust from OneHR and Business Stakeholders for both expertise and ability to apply expertise within organizational context.
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to build partnerships and influence without authority with all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Demonstrated change agility and resiliency to continually look for opportunities to move forward and make positive impacts in alignment with current and future business needs.
- Demonstrated skill in coaching and guiding managers and team members in portfolio areas: performance development, career development, leadership development, and change management.
- Ability to measure behavioral/change adoption and translate into meaningful action to gain buy-in and support across all levels of the organization.
- Maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality; uses diplomacy, discretion and judgment in giving out information. Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.