Health Care Aide
At The Hamlets, our mission is developing and operating communities of care focused on quality outcomes in a safe environment through innovation and responsiveness to the changing needs of those we serve. We are committed to the development of self esteem, self confidence and trust in a community that fosters mutual respect, trust, teamwork and open communication for everyone. We believe that individuals are inherently precious and are committed to supporting a person’s attainment of the highest physical, mental and spiritual well-being possible.
This is You
You went into healthcare because you want to make a positive impact in the day to day lives of the people to whom you provide care. You work well independently but like to be part of a multidisciplinary team. You believe in open, positive communication and in contributing to make your place of work great. You enjoy the variety that working with people brings to your workday.
This is the Opportunity
We have openings for full time Registered Care Aides. 100% employer paid benefit plan, including RRSP, available based upon employment status.
Attributes and Qualifications
- Skilled communicator who is understanding, patient, gentle and non-judgmental while providing exceptional services to our residents
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a member of a team
- Good health and the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Graduation from an accredited Care Aide Program and registered through the BC Care Aide Registry
- Geriatric, dementia or adult acquired brain injury experience preferred
- Ability to provide acceptable background checks including criminal record check-vulnerable sector.
The Hamlets at Vernon thanks all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
The Hamlets at Vernon has extensive procedures in place to protect against COVID 19.
- BC Care Aide Registration (Required)
- Foodsafe (Required)