A Janitor is responsible for a variety of cleaning duties throughout the resort and assists the guests with any other services they require.
Top five reasons to work as a Janitor at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment Responsibilities:
- Cleans and keeps to cleanliness standards
- Performs the necessary room set-ups for scheduled meetings
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums floors using cleaning solutions, tools, and equipment
- Cleans or polishes walls, ceilings, windows, and building fixtures
- Cleans walkways, parking lots, and steps daily
- Dusts furniture, walls, and other equipment
- Gathers and empties trash
- Cleans bathrooms
- Notifies manager of need to order materials/supplies, need for major repairs, or additions
- to building operating systems
- Applies wax or sealers to wood or concrete floors when applicable
- Respond to any urgent cleaning reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hard working
- Be self-motivated, outgoing and enthusiastic
- WHMIS an asset – will train
- Criminal Record Check required (current within 6 months)
- Enjoy working on your feet and moving around for your entire shift
- Enjoy helping and guiding people in their travels
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to bend and crouch
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade, including exposure to common chemical cleaners
- May work alone
Per week range between 32-40 F/T
Operation hours can range from 6am till 12am – allowing a lot of free time to snowboard/ski/bike, enjoy the outdoor activities at SilverStar
Winter and Summer Seasonal role
Possible Future Career Path:
- Custodian Supervisor
- Custodian Manager
- Property Management
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.