Our vision is to be the premier landscape maintenance service company in the Okanagan. We are centrally located in Vernon and are the largest entity of its kind in the area. Now we want to ensure we are the best!!
As Team Leader, you are responsible for managing a team up to 6 people while performing the delivery of services. Our clients will trust you to provide the highest quality services that we promise and you are key in helping us live our values every day.
You are a proactive leader and self-starter who can interact with the public and our employees. You have a strong work ethic and are able to manage time to effectively meet deadlines. You have extensive experience in landscaping maintenance and construction and previous supervisory experience, as well as proven communication skills with supervisors, employees, and customers.
- Manage team of up to 6 people while performing services; motivate, coach, and mentor team
- Primary duties include performing garden maintenance, weed control, mulching, planting, pruning, plant and shrub maintenance
- As needed duties can include landscape duties, such as mowing, fertilizer application, aeration, spring clean-up, fall clean-up, trimming
- Operate a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to hedgers, bed edgers, commercial mowers, blowers, dump trailers, line trimmers, and tillers
- Perform landscape enhancement activities such as mulch application, plantings, top soil application, lawn seeding
- Address clients' questions, comments, and concerns
- Prepare daily team performance reports
- Assist with employee recruiting and selection
- Current and unrestricted Driver's license with a clean record
- One year experience in this or a related field is required
- Previous leadership experience
- Horticulture certificate or extended experience
- Willingness to work occasional (paid) overtime
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
Benefits: Benefits package available after one year of continuous employment. Bonus remuneration is earned by achieving personal and company objectives.
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow up!
At The Grounds Guys® we believe in giving everyone a shot. That’s why we have flexible hours to help you navigate the other things in your life – like school, family or even another job. And there’s potential for everyone to grow within an independently owned and operated The Grounds Guys® franchise and make a career out of it. All in a culture that’s as tight as family. Apply today.