Description of Duties:
- Working within the sales team with the primary focus on delivering accurate and efficient construction estimates.
- Professionally communicate with sales staff, project managers, and prospective clients.
- Compile detailed construction estimates that form part of the complete construction plan take-offs with a sound understanding of residential construction practices, architectural details, and BC Building Code.
- Write up complete scope of work documents that correspond with project estimates and plans for the project managers to follow.
- Work with the office administrator to obtain trade quotations while checking and comparing quotes for completeness.
- Discuss project details and specifications with various trades as needed.
- Meet clients and trades on site to review scopes and walkthrough conditions for new build and renovation construction.
- Support project managers as needed pricing additional work change orders during construction.
- Manage great relationships with local suppliers.
- It is important for the Estimator to be effective at multitasking, have strong communication skills, be advanced at organizing and filing, be personable with all clients, and become knowledgeable of all company systems.
- Assist company in management of sales and marketing tracking and responsibilities.
- Assist Project Management team with various supporting tasks as required.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- We are looking for someone with previous experience working with a highly systemized and well-run construction company.
- Certificate or diploma in engineering, architecture, construction management, drafting or similar program.
- 2+ years’ experience in construction estimating, project management and coordination.
- Experience with computer systems, take-off software, excel, and google documents.
- Great personality fit for Keith Construction’s culture
- Self-motivated individual with high standards, willing to continue upgrading and growing
- Flexible to work in team environment to continuously move projects forward efficiently
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00-$28.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- Monday to Friday
Following BC Health and WCB Covid Guidelines; social distancing, protective barriers are in place plus multiple hand sanitizing stations available.
- Construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Estimating: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)