The Intermediate Accountant is responsible for monthly reporting of the Canadian Mining Tire Division, coordinating the month end close process, and reviewing account reconciliations prepared by Junior Accountants and Accounting Clerks. Throughout the month they will be working closely with the Mining Tire Division while also confirming the integrity of the financial data by ensuring all point of sale information has flowed into the Vernon office. This position provides a high level of customer service to the Divisions, Vernon office teams, and management.
• Review all Mining Tire location P&L’s.
• Review Mining Tire Division P&L’s.
• Distribute monthly management reports via macros (by e-mail and on drives accessible by users).
• Create query and Nvision reports using PeopleSoft.
• Create ad hoc management reports when required to provide more detailed information, and to further assist in decision making.
• Ensure POS data agrees to TSS, KINS Vernon office and PeopleSoft.
• Ensure the integrity of all journal entries (all are posted).
• Run month-end financial statements.
• Prepare account reconciliations.
• Review account reconciliations prepared by other team members.
• Maintain macros for electronic distribution.
• Prepare lead sheets for year-end audit file, as well as assisting with quarterly Board reporting requirements.
• May carry out additional duties as required
• Seeks opportunities to automate or streamline business processes and collaborates with other business units to improve business processes.
• Mentor junior department members on a day-to-day basis.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accounting role.
• Aptitude for learning computer applications and accounting systems quickly.
• Strong working knowledge of Excel.
• Experience with full-feature accounting systems.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma or equivalent level of education and experience
• Hold a professional accounting designation or be nearing completion of CPA
Occasional travel will be required