Power Hour: Business Succession Planning for Entrepreneurs
Join us for the next Power Hour, where we will cover:
- what is encompassed by the term 'business succession planning';
- who an entrepreneur may wish to include in a business succession plan;
- common succession planning tools, such as will, trust, and shareholder agreement;
- common mental incapacity planning tools, such as enduring power of attorney and trust; and
- common estate planning tools, focussing on the estate freeze.
Our guest speaker is Floyd Gradley who has been a lawyer for over 35 years. He has a Bachelor of Commerce degree and a Bachelor of Laws degree, both from the University of British Columbia.
Floyd was in private practice for almost 20 years, specializing in estate law (both planning and administration) and adult guardianship law. He has extensive experience in the preparation of estate planning documents such as wills, insurance declarations, trusts, enduring powers of attorney and representation agreements, as well as significant experience in corporate reorganizations and estate freezes.
Floyd has led workshops for lawyers in various areas of estate planning and administration, including document drafting, and has given presentations and seminars on estate planning to various community and charitable groups. Since leaving private practice in 2002, Floyd has provided estate planning and associated tax information to advisors and their clients through presentations, discussions, and informational materials.