Would you like to volunteer with the Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce?
Giving back can be very good for you and we value your knowledge and participation!
Giving ... receiving ... giving back. It's a life cycle that motivates and maintains life in our community ... your community. Consider volunteering with the Chamber of Commerce. The best way to maintain the quality of work done by the Chamber and to achieve the goals and objectives of the Chamber is to share your knowledge and expertise and help set the vision and long term direction of the Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Board of Directors – These volunteers are incredibly dedicated to the long term success of our Chamber. These business owners or senior employees help set the long term vision and direction of the Chamber through governance of our business association. Our Board of Directors consists of thirteen elected Chamber members and three appointees from the City of Vernon Council, District of Coldstream Council and a representative from our local Junior Chamber International (JCI).
- Board Committees – volunteer on the Events, Membership of Business Advocacy committees. Share your knowledge and expertise to assist us in delivering the programs and services that best benefit our membership.
- Office Volunteers – use your office skills and experience to assist with Chamber projects. You decide the hours you would like to volunteer.
Benefits of volunteering with the Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce:
- Raise your business profile
- Gain personal satisfaction that results from working with us towards building a strong and vibrant Chamber of Commerce
- Contribute your knowledge and skills in a valuable and meaningful way
- Develop new knowledge and skills such as leadership, event management, fund-raising, public speaking, media relations, and interpersonal relations
- Meet new people and build friendships in your community
- Enjoy a sense of accomplishment from setting and meeting goals
- Have fun!
If you would like to volunteer your time with the Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce, please call the office at 250-545-0771 or email email@example.com